Monday, February 27, 2012

Check in #6

It says a a lot when I have to scroll back through posts to find what check in number I'm up to.

Either I'm posting too much information unrelated to my recently Ninja-like battle with weight loss (Stealthy weight loss. You don't see it at all and then BAM! One day I'm skinny and hiding on the ceiling of your living room... I lost sight of my tangent...) or I've just been slack in posting these very literal weight watcher updates. It's completely the latter.

To be completely honest it's a lot like the Biggest Loser. Posting these updates, and not showing any great loss (and worse, showing a gain!) makes me feel like I'm letting you down. And by "you" I really mean me. I'm the only person I'm doing this for. And I don't remember if I've put this down on digital paper before now these are my reasons.
  • Boost my confidence
  • Improve my health
  • Increase my fitness/endurance
  • Improve my body's response to certain climates (I am being completely serious. In the mildest of humidity I'm the human equivalent of Ghostbusters' "Slimer" and it's... distracting)
  • Because I enjoy exercising
I remember growing up after being diagnosed with urticaria when I was 9 (Or as I called it, the "Cold disease"). I was basically unable to do physical activity because it would cause me to heat up. This was only an issue because you eventually have to cool down, and when my body cooled I would come out in hives and more than likely enter into a state of anaphylactic shock.

I had loved to swim, but after a 1 minute dip in my cousins pool almost ended in my death it unsurprisingly changed my habits substantially. Well, all but my eating habits.

I was still a little fiend for Vegemite sandwiches, and without my previous outlet of swimming K's every second day - I ballooned. And although I was lucky enough after 18 months to no longer be afflicted by this aversion to cold, I carried that weight and... I guess a certain amount of fear with me for a long time after.

It really wasn't until I hit my 20's that the points I listed above really came back as a priority in my life. Which is a complete an utter lie. I didn't care about my health or my endurance, or discover a long forgotten joy for the outdoors. I fell head over heels in love with a girl and wanted her to notice me. There have been better and MUCH worse excuses in existence for changing ones self but... heck gee whiz, was it an effective impetus!

Any friends from back then will know... well, haha they'll know EVERYTHING because I couldn't keep my damn mouth shut about it! (I'm a bit more of a fool when I'm in love than usual. Yes, you should be afraid!) However they will know that lovely lady and I did end up together, at least for a happy while.

And while I'm fairly certain she'd say she didn't care about my weight and it wasn't a factor in her eventual reciprocation of my VERY SUBTLE signs of interest (I swear, I actually heard someone say "I call bullshit"... nice) I'd never have had an ounce of the courage it took me to even really talk to her looking the way I did.

I'll be honest. I'm a geeky guy that does not currently have the greatest confidence in himself. But every day those confidence levels increase. At work. At home. With understanding and lots of work. And from friends that have inexplicably insane belief in what I can achieve. While trying to avoid any more tangents, on my friends - you are all insane. Insanely awesome, insanely smart, insanely funny, insanely attractive (of course), insanely caring... sometimes to the point of driving ME insane but still always insanely appreciated... and of course insanely insane. I love you all mostly for that.

Wow, so somewhere along the way a quick and nasty post became a long and grammatically questionable one. I might as well cover off whatever other random things have happened in the past two weeks then. Let's cross our fingers this part actually is quick.

Other than what's been posted in that time I've... well, pretty boring everyday stuff really. Been to the movies a tonne with friends. And I do mean a lot. We go through three month long dry spells of not seeing films and then all of a sudden - like we've been come down with cowbell fever - we can't stop ourselves. I won't review them all because I like great movies and crap movies equally. So it will benefit no one.

Have seen some great music acts. Jess Harlen, you have a voice that could handle any genre excluding opera. One day...

I'm also on the outs with a close friend. Which... well, I'm 27 and would like to think I tend to have a bit of the word smithy to me but... it suuuuuuuuuuucks. I'd say I wasn't being an innocently inept idiot but chances are I was. My instinct is always to try and actively fix these sort of things but I think it's something that will have to sort itself out with time.Though, I will repeat... it just plain sucks.

Have been at home on antibiotics for the last 4 days. Some random infection that's made me all foggy. Which made for a super productive week at work... the drugs make me foggy too, so looking forward to finishing the course tomorrow and getting some real work done. Honestly, I can't stand being cooped up in the house.

I also just got approved for my home loan so one step closer to moving out/in. I tell ya, it's frightening and exciting in ways I never imagined. And I can't wait.

That's it. Weight update below. 'Til next time Gadget.

27/2/2012 - 0700 - 87.8KG (-0.3KG)

- Sevy

I am the tangent king!

No comments: