Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Romp It Up

Let's get straight to the reason I asked you to click a link on your smartphones again!

Coming up in March is an event called the "Melbourne City Romp". This event is basically an Amazing Race/Treasure Hunt through the Melbourne CBD which is raising funds for the Burnet Institute. These guys are trying to tackle cures for what they call The "Big Three" - HIV, tuberculosis and malaria.

When thinking about what I get up to with my friends, I realised that in the past 6 months the most energetic thing we've done is a tie between walking to a cafe for brunch (ladida!) or training for and participating in marathon drinking sessions. Not to belittle croissants or the "Sport of Kings", but I want to get out there and do something a bit... different with my favourite people.

I urge all of you to think about it.

We'd be out in the sun (it'll probably rain), running (crawling/being dragged) around the city, eating pie (can't hurt), raising money (chocolate coins ^= $$), having fun (possibly even phun) with good (great {THE BESTEST}) friends.

... then marathon drinking session after. It's just right.

Well, that's my invitation. I'll add some more specific details below. If you want to join me because of an overwhelming spiritual surge of charity that raises your humours like a highly unstable gas, or more likely just for the hell of it, send me a message on the mobile or leave a comment below.


What:     Melbourne City Romp 
When:    Sunday, 25th March
Who:      YOU? Definitely me.
Entry:     Adults - $48
              Concession - $32
              "Family" - $98 (This is a very loose definition. If we have 6 people, we could technically try and get this...)
Zuh:       Teams are 2-6 members in size. If enough people want to join in we'll build up another team. Fundraising is via the web, from a team page I'll set up "soon". We can dress up like loons if we want too, so any ideas short of "psychotic clowns" or "bulimic Opera singers that drink tapioca pudding" has a fair chance of being accepted. Also, there are prizes and things on the day. Plus did I mention drinking after? If not... drinking after.


In closing, you have no idea how hard it was to not make a Romper Stomper comment...

- Sevy

P.S. I may have mentioned in the sms I am yet to send that I have fallen in deep like with linking to the blog rather than send giant group messages. You wouldn't believe how much time it saves! Though just because I like it doesn't mean you all do too. Feedback wise, if you find this more/less annoying than those mobile essays please let me know.

No comments: